[TowerTalk] FAA Log Periodics

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] FAA Log Periodics
From: NPAlex@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:43:12 EDT
The following was an old query that had been attached to a recent series of
emails regarding Log periodic antennas.  The answer about the one near
Leesburg as being for the FAA is correct, and I was there just in the past few
weeks.  Also just last week I noted the same antenna in Albuquerque, NM.  FAA
facility in the NE sector of town. The Sandia's block the view to the East,  so
not sure how effective it would be in that direction.

Norm W4QN

In a message dated 10/26/2007 6:45:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/KC8QVO/random%20stuff/IMG_2427.jpg)
>  >> antenna on Rt. 227 in Leesburg, VA on my trip the past couple days.
Does

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=leesburg,+VA&ie=UTF8&ll=39.102961,-77.543301&spn=0.002893,0.005021&t=k&z=18&om=1