[TowerTalk] elevation-angle statistical files for YT

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] elevation-angle statistical files for YT
From: Gary Slagel <gdslagel@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:52:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi guys,

  I've been playing with YT elevation angle statistics files lately and have
been surprised by the huge difference in the elevation angle statistics between
regions which I would have expected to be very similar.  In particular, looking
at the usa region statistics for Denver, CO (w0-co-us) and Bismark, ND
(w0-nd-us), ND shows no openings at all to the the rest of the US at the lowest
angles, 1 and 2 degrees.  CO shows a significantly higher percentage/strength
of openings to the rest of the US.  I'm really interested in the Black HIlls
area of SD and was hoping I could extrapolate from CO and ND statistics but
they are so different that its difficult.

  I'm looking at a location in the Black Hills where I know that I'll have
almost no 1 and 2 degree radiation to the east.  If the location mimics the ND
statistics this will make almost no difference to the rest of the US.  If it
mimics the CO statistics it will make a big difference.

  Wonder if anyone has any suggestions as how I might use the CO and ND
statistics to take a guess at what the BH location will look like.

  Thanks,
  Gary

Gary Slagel/N0SXX
Lakewood, CO