[TowerTalk] Reducing antenna visibility

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Reducing antenna visibility
From: "unknown" <unknown2@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 17:56:11 -0500
We got permission to install 3 15 ft fiberglass antennas on top of the
hospital along with 2 other 5 ft antennas that someone else had installed.
The only requirement was to minimize their appearance from the street.  We
painted them with Krylon "Fusion for Plastic" Satin Twilight #2440 (a light
gray). I've used this stuff before and it adheres very well to fiberglass
antennas. We rub the antenna with a Scotch Bright pad (or fine sandpaper) to
cut the gloss and then wipe it with Acetone to clean it up.

This was our first opportunity to compare the results to existing white
antennas.  Look at Picture #140 and find the 3 antennas. Then look at the
zoomed picture #139.

Tom