Re: [TowerTalk] Takeoff Angles and Non-Reciprocal Propagation

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Takeoff Angles and Non-Reciprocal Propagation
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 10:20:12 -0700

Hi, Rick.

I stand corrected on directional couplers versus circulators.  Thanks.

No, I'm not implying that transformers are non-symmetrical.  It simply
occurred to me that my suggestion for what might be happening to signals
over asymmetric terrain might be similar to what happens with a
circulator, where energy going in one direction takes one path while
energy coming back takes another, keeping in mind I'm only talking about
the portion of the path between the originating station and the
significant terrain in front of it.

I'll find a big rock and sacrifice a 3-500Z (with a shorted grid) on it
to persuade the radio gods to grant N6BV a terrific Sweepstakes if it
makes him willing to provide his expert thoughts on this subject ...
even if he just tells me I'm full of crap.

Dave   AB7E