Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu - 2700 and 3800 rotors

To: donhall161@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu - 2700 and 3800 rotors
From: "Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 13:53:28 -0500
donhall161@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Peter,
>
> I share your caution about semiconductor reliability, perhaps tinged by my
> experience at Bell Labs and Texas Instruments, stretching from 1953 to 1995.
>
> 73  Don  K5AQ

Perhaps NEVER was a bit over the top.  :-)     However, I've been
playing with transistors since the little pinched top 2N107 hobbyist
device and I have yet to experience a failure in any of my equipment.
Just plain dumb luck, I suppose.  On the other hand, I've had to replace
quite a few vacuum tubes over that same time period.  In my experience
with electronic gear, reliability in general went up by several orders
of magnitude when we switched from tubes to transistors.

Ken K4XL
k4xl@arrl.net

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr