Re: [TowerTalk] moto-yaesu

To: <towertalk@hidden-valley.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] moto-yaesu
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:47:32 -0500
I don't think the acquisition is about ham radio...its more likely to be
about VERTEX becoming viable competition to Motorola...Vertex hardware is a
bit less than half the price of MOTO.  If VERTEX achieves
trunking/P25...MOTO would take a big hit. MOTO has basically been the only
game in town for a long time but many local gov. radio managers would love
an alternative to the $5,000 hand held radios. So, this acquisition is
probably more about a MOTO Monopoly position sustainment strategy!