Re: [TowerTalk] Unguyed, with house bracket?

To: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>,TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Unguyed, with house bracket?
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:52:30 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Are you thinking of having a post next to the tower that you'd bolt to?

Post or beam being vertical? Or at an angle?

Don't forget that the house bracket essentially provides bracing in all
directions (i.e. in the plane of the wall, the side of a house is pretty stiff,
and if the wall you're bolted to is well attached to the adjacent walls, those
walls provide the stiffness. )  The house is like a big fairly rigid box
sitting on the ground.

Consider it like you had a tower with a base that was 20x20 feet.