[TowerTalk] HDX555 update.......

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDX555 update.......
From: "res1q6fs" <roger.white@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:57:27 -0600
Well, I couldn't wait. The HDX555 arrived here on a mogo sized flatbed
semi-trailer at 10 AM this morning. We had it off the trailer in a few minutes.
No problem using the  BobCat with forks. We laid the tower gently on the side
of the yard. Surveyed it and decided to, what the heck, put this guy up at its
minimum height for now. We had the BobCat to 3:30, so times a wasting. My son
went over and gently laid the tower next to the base. We checked the level of
the T base again, and adjusted it right on. Cranked down the big nuts and
slowly moved the tower over to the base. After a little wiggling back and forth
with the BobCat, we had it ready to go down between the vertical supports of
the base. We had greased the tower and base where they would slide together to
make things go smooth.We lined up the bottom bolts, hand tightened the nuts and
then decided this was it. We used the BobCat to slowly raise the tower
vertically and within literally a few minutes of slow going, we h
 ad the tower up. Put the bolts in and tightened the nuts and it is now
standing. Nothing prettier than a new tower glistening in the sun.

Roger
W5RD