Re: [TowerTalk] heliax grounding

To: richard allen <rca@rcallen.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] heliax grounding
From: Sam Smith <gitterdone12000@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 05:33:53 -0800 (PST)
I'm posting this as a question as I really don't know. But wouldn't a #2
stranded wire cut long enough to flair out on the end with enough length to
wrap around the outer conducter serve the same purpose? Not that a factory
ground kit is no good,,,I'm sure it is in the eyes of the person that sells you
one. It just seems to me that a ground is a ground.
Just because one costs allot of money,,,does that make it better than one you
made yourself?

 As a kid growing up we all decided to build non motorized coaster go carts.
All the other kids talked their fathers into buying factory axles and fancy
steering wheels. My own father said those things were not needed and that I
should just do the best I could with what I had,,,so,,I used tricycle wheels
and axles and a rope for steering. Long story short,,,,not one kid could beat
me to the bottom of the hill.

 So,,,just because something comes in a fancy package and has a fancy
name,,,,and a high price tag. Does that really make it better?

Just food for thought.

Sammy Smith