[TowerTalk] Hustler 6BTV vs Steppir Big IR Vertical on 80m - Thanks

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hustler 6BTV vs Steppir Big IR Vertical on 80m - Thanks
From: Richard Thorne <rmthorne@suddenlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:49:59 -0600
Boy, I sure received a lot of replies to this one.

Bottom line, while the 6BTV maybe top loaded for 80m, the swr bandwidth
is narrow and there is probably loss due to all the traps.

I dug out my copy of "The Radio Amateur Antenna Book" by W6SAI and W2LX
(published 1978).  There is a loading circuit for a 32' vertical to
cover 40m and switchable portions of 80/75.  I think I'll build that.
The swr bandwidth for each 80m segment is suppose to be around 50khz.

Thanks for all the input.

Rich - N5ZC