Re: [TowerTalk] Wench vs Winch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wench vs Winch
From: "Terrence R. Redding PH.D." <terry@oltraining.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:18:59 -0800
Hi guys.

I have appreciated the fun with the name for wench and winch - with winch
being the correct term.

I have been asked to make a presentation to the local club, and submit the
write-up to a club newsletter  - and yes - it is an indication that many are
hard-up for presentations and news - but I would appreciate any feedback
associated with the correct way to recover from a winch failure with the
tower raised.

I will include the definition of wench and winch, I think they will enjoy
the humor at the club - doubt it would play in the newsletter.  At least now
I wont be making that particular spelling or typing error.  But in addition
to the word definition does anyone have comments that I should consider as I
prepare the presentation and article?

Again, as said before, all comments and feedback appreciated.

Terry - W6LMJ