Re: [TowerTalk] DAVIS RF CO. response to FLEX-WEAVE Tm and AerialWireRec

To: "Steve Davis -Davis RF Co." <sdavis@davisrf.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>, <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DAVIS RF CO. response to FLEX-WEAVE Tm and AerialWireRecommendations
From: "Chet Moore" <ChetMoore@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 18:06:14 -0500
Hi Steve,

I don't think Jims message was really a complaint, maybe it was in there but
I don't think he said how old that wire was when it broke.    I too have had
a problem with flex weave but, the flex-weave  was 9 years old when it broke
during Hurricane ophelia. The "break"  occurred at a joint that was under a
fair amount of stress.  When its that old, it is hard to resolder but i
certainly don't blame the manufacturer.  I don't know what you consider the
"useful life" of flex-weave to be.  Thanks for providing some background on
Flex-weave.  After  seeing your  description of how its made etc I am now
pretty sure "wire brushing mine at the end where the wire parted,was not the
way to handle the problem.  This antenna has been back up for 4  more years
and I found a way to reduce some of the strain.  I have sealed the joint
with some coax seal and for the moment, it seems fine.  I will be looking
for your post on your web site that tells  what the "best" way to
clean/splice/solder it should the need arise in the future.

I'd use flex-weave again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for taking the time to explain how it made and it's obvious that you
do indeed stand by your products.

73

Chet  N4FX