Re: [TowerTalk] BIG Yagis

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BIG Yagis
From: WarrenWolff@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 23:57:46 EST
This might be interesting for you folks.

I was the USAF Pacific Area MARS director from 1959 through  1962.  I was
replaced my a more mature officer, a captain, just prior  to my rotation back
the CONUS when I received a fantastic shipment:   A
TELREX 3 element full sized 40 meter yagi and a tower to  match.

The new guy who took my place, I understand, had no idea what  to do with the
stuff.  One of our
stations in Japan, I am told, graciously volunteered to  take off of their
hands - - which they did!!

 Regards,  Warren; W7WY, ex-KH6DGL