Re: [TowerTalk] fixed antennas on a tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] fixed antennas on a tower
From: "Gedas" <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:12:51 -0500
Hi Larry, a couple years back I used a pair of dipoles for 40m.  One was at
80' and the other at 85'.  One was fixed broadside to the NE and the other
fixed NW. Each was made from the left over element(s) of a wind busted CC
402CD.  I had a relay on the tower to switch between the two.  I really
enjoyed playing with the setup and seeing when signals were favoring one or
the other and not having to turn a rotor.  It of course had no F/B but the
F/S at times would be around 20-25 dB.  I miss that simple setup a whole
bunch as they provided wonderful DX and stateside signals alike.
73, Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery http://gedas.cc
Web Page http://www.w8bya.com