Re: [TowerTalk] GRIPS WITH PHYLISTRAN(HELP)

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k2vi@cox.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] GRIPS WITH PHYLISTRAN(HELP)
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:29:40 EST

In a message dated 1/11/2008 4:23:01 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  Cant someone explain to me how grips work on  phylistran?

    The Preformed grips for Phillystran are like a  chinese finger puzzle.
They wrap around the Phillystran and the harder you  pull, the more they grip.
The businesses that handle Phillystran - Texas  Towers and Burghardt Radio -
can provide what ever you need.

>  What size would i need for a 48' rohn tower with a  hazer,

    What kind of tower? Rohn 25G uses 3/16" EHS.  The Phillystran equivalent
is HPTG4000.

>  I plan on a c-3 18' boom.The c-3 weighs only 32# which make  me wonder
about strength,longevity and the driven element  insulator.

    It's below the boom and mostly out of the  purview of UV sunlight so it
should last for quite awhile.

>  Also if the guys will be at the 46' height how far from the  tower should
i place the guy screws? I want to make sure it is done right the  first time.

    Well, Rohn specs call for guy anchors 80% of the  height of the tower.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams