[TowerTalk] K2NNY Final Damage Update

To: "'Paul Mackanos - K2DB'" <k2db@k2db.org>, <RDXA@Yahoogroups.com>,<wnydxa@Yahoogroups.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>, "'Floyd'" <wa2wvl@tampabay.rr.com>,"'Paul & Jeanette Mackanos'" <pnjmack@comcast.net>,"David & Renee' DeMars" <ddemars@rochester.rr.com>,<m.donals@yahoo.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K2NNY Final Damage Update
From: "Paul Mackanos - K2DB" <k2db@k2db.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:22:46 -0500
Here is the latest:

National Grid was here and said "When you are ready, we will cut the power
and you can make all the repairs. We are only responsible to re-attach our
wires to your weather-head." The tree and other damage are your
responsibility. This means being without power until the repairs are done;
removing the tree & limbs, etc. They will leave the power on until I call to
have it shut down.

Here is the bad news, when the big tree came down; it cracked my power pole;
that has to be replaced, along with the wiring back up to the weather-head.

I placed a jumper wire around the broken telephone line, so I do have phone
service again. The phone company will replaced it permanently when I get the
power situation fixed.

Fixed the guy wires yesterday, as the tower was leaning a slight bit, due to
only having 2 sets of guy wires. It is now straight and secured. It was good
to fix it yesterday, as we had winds with gusts of over 40 mph last night.
Put the wires back up for the 80 meter sloper and that is back to 1:1 SWR.

So now its time to fix lunch, relax (I am a bit tired) and get ready to play
in the NAQP CW contest.

I guess I will be scheduling a work party in the spring to fix everything.

Paul K2DB @ K2NNY