[TowerTalk] Waterproof enclosures at base of tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Waterproof enclosures at base of tower
From: John Hudson <jd_hudson@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:56:06 -0600
As most hams, I'm always looking for something that I really NEED but at
a cheap price and following some of the posts about waterproof
enclosures got me to look around at some of the commercial links and I
happen to have a great enclosure that I got free but as I took something
out truck that my dad gave me yesterday it looked like I could use it also

What do you guys think about the use of a military surplus ammo boxes?
The one I have is 5 1/2"wide x 11" long and 7" deep and thats a small
ammo box. I've seen more useful size boxes and there are plenty of
surplus places across the US. Very secure lids with waterproof seals and
plenty heavy gauge metal. Mounting them would not be hard. I just opened
mine and the lid comes completely off if I wanted to have full access to it.

Something to think about, maybe already been done

73
John
KO4XJ