[TowerTalk] RG6 compression connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] RG6 compression connectors
From: Craig Clark <jcclark@wildblue.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:36:46 -0500
Just a thought but make sure you are not using quad shield connectors
on dual shield cable. A properly installed connector on the
appropriate RG6 should be a rock solid installation. Quad shield
connectors on dual shield cable is a problem. I found that one out
the hard way.

I'm using 3 GHz dual RG6 on my KD9SV bi-directional Beverages and
Gilbert compression connectors that are used in the satellite TV and
internet world.

Its getting "wicked" cold and the connectors are still firmly in place.

Flooded RG6 can be either dual or quad shield and it is my
understanding that the coax does not require a special
connector.......I have not used one for the flooded cables I have made.

73, Craig Clark, K1QX

RADIOWARE AND RADIO BOOKSTORE
PO  BOX 209
RINDGE NH 03461