Re: [TowerTalk] Another radial question

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>,"Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Another radial question
From: "Bruce/Edith Goldstein" <wa3afs@inav.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:44:02 -0500
I have done exactly as you describe.  Seems to work very good.  I use every
piece of wire I
can get me hands on for radials....old RG6, RG8, RG58, multiconductor cables,
etc.  Yes, I
short the shield to center conductor on the coax at the base of the vertical
and ignore the
other end.  I do the same for any multiconductor cables.

I have about 6.1 miles of radials under my 13 verticals (2 on 160M, 2 on 80M, 4
on 40M, and
4 on 20M)

  73
 --- Bruce, WA3AFS