[TowerTalk] Baluns

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Baluns
From: "Tim Holmes" <w8tahradio@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 09:43:30 -0500
Hi folks:

Im in the final design stages of my new dipole for home -- the current
plan is for an 80m dipole fed with window line  -- im still refining
my modeling, but right now im looking at between 18 and 21 meters on
each half.  IM wondering about the balun....

this morning one of the guys in the club asked if i was looking for
current or voltage balun (I have no idea) and others have suggested 20
turns of coax on a 2L bottle to make a choke balun --

it will be attached to my LDG PRO200 tuner and need some way to go
from coax to window line -- any and all input welcome!

TIM

--
Tim Holmes
W8TAH - Amateur Extra Operator