[TowerTalk] Refurb a TH7DXX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Refurb a TH7DXX
From: "Mike Bragassa" <bragassa@consolidated.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 06:37:53 -0600
Figure on replacing "everything and anything black"; no exceptions. No parts
kit, per se.   All the 'rubberized' (?) parts will have dry-rotted. You will
have to replace the trap-caps, so clean out the traps while you are there. I
got all of  my replacement parts from HyGain/MFJ.
Cleaned up nice and worked well. Should last as long as I had it, maybe 25+
years. It was originally a TH6 and I had added the second driven ele making
it a "7", way back when?
Sold it then...
Mike, K5UO

I have an old TH7DX that has been up at 80 feet for many years (kind of hard
to remember just how long),

So, I am asking for suggestions as to what to expect to refurbish that one.
Is there any "parts kit" from the manufacturer to order to replace certain
parts that have probably gotten below specs? Or is it a take down and look
see and order new parts?

Also - for the traps - is there concern to clean them out and, if so, how
and with what?
Just wondering if this alternative has value considering the cost of new
beams?

Is this worth it and will I have a new enough beam to put back up for 20
more years or do I just not take a chance and buy a new one?
TIA & 73
Art K5FNQ