Re: [TowerTalk] cleaning aluminum beam elements

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>, <jeff@mossycup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] cleaning aluminum beam elements
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 09:33:27 -0600
Aluminum needs to be clean when it goes together for good electrical
contact, and steps should be taken to ensure the electrical contact remains
(NoAlOx, et al). But beyond that, there's no electrical advantage to having
shiny aluminum. It would only be vanity that compels people to spray an
entire antenna with Krylon.

So with no performance benefits, I'd rather save the effort of spraying an
antenna with Krylon and apply it instead to making sure the antenna is tuned
accurately.

73, kelly
ve4xt