Re: [TowerTalk] UST MDX-589 Electrical Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w2lk@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UST MDX-589 Electrical Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:32:08 EST

In a message dated 2/18/2008 2:28:42 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I have an older US Tower, model MDX-589. The motor is wired  for 120V.
The motor label clearly shows it can be set for 240V.
I have  had 240V brought to the tower site. Can someone tell me if the
raise/lower  toggle switch needs rewiring for 240V?
If so what needs to be done? I know  people with MDX-589 towers which run
at 240V but I don't know if the  switching is the same.

        Umm, I'm not an electrician  but I don't think you can use 240V
without changing out the internals in the  box; e.g. relays, delay timers, etc.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)