Re: [TowerTalk] inverted L tower mounting

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] inverted L tower mounting
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:29:58 -0500 (EST)
Will,

Have you considered suspending an inverted-L, or a T vertical, between your
towers?

Unfortunately, you're likely to have parasitic effects between any
vertical and your two towers, both of which may be resonant near 160 meters.
Some modelling is in order to better understand the likely
radiation pattern.

If you use a T vertical, be sure the horizontal part of the  T is non-resonant
length on the HF bands!  A good non-resonant length would be
44 ft.

Don't forget to use lots of radials laid on the ground, or slightly buried.

Good luck!

73
Frank
W3LPL