Re: [TowerTalk] Push Up Mast

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Push Up Mast
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:35:38 -0500
RICHARD SOLOMON wrote:A while back when discussing the half wave slopers
it was mentioned that  bending the lower portion of the dipole back
would  give a lower angle of radiation.

My question is where would the bend occur?  would it be at the center
(feed point) with the lower half of  the dipole being horizontal? IOW
the dipole would  form a right triangle with the tower. The bottom half
would be horizontal with the top half being on about a 45 degree angle.
This would be the simplest, easiest, and take the least room.

This would require a bit of insulated line so the sloping part could
reach the tower.  Depending on how far from the tower the horizontal
section ended (I'd prefer at least 10') then  the extended portion for
the top would run around 40', plus a bit.

73

Roger (K8RI)
www.rogerhalstead.com