Re: [TowerTalk] Please help identifying mystery tower

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Please help identifying mystery tower
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 17:36:49 -0800
I have a small crank up (30 feet) and it looks like this one.  I do have it
guyed and it has been up for a long time.  I've had a TH-3, A-3, 2-el quad,
and now a home brew 2 el monobander for 20 on it.  I've never had any
problems with it and we get some pretty hefty winds here in Coos Bay.  I
really like the ability to go and crank it down when things get nasty.

I have it bracketed to the house and guys on the top.  73.
Tom W7WHY

This tower was manufactured by Tristao.  It uses
straight bracing which is a dead give away that
it is a GUYED tower.  The fact that it is made by
Tristao tells us that it is OLD, although the
pictures show it to be in good shape.  Tristao
has been out of business for a LONG time, and now
lives under the US Tower banner employing much improved designs.

This tower will successfully manage a small
tribander and an additional VHF/UHF antenna which
is evident by what you see in the pictures.  This
is a good find and will work fine for amateur
radio and hold much more than a TV antenna, if used as described.

BE SURE TO GUY IT!

Dino - K6RIX