Re: [TowerTalk] Help with Fulton winch

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help with Fulton winch
From: "Eugene Jensen" <eugenejensen@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 22:10:24 -0500
I'm no expert in unfreezing one but change a live one for a friend that the
same thing had happened two and replaced with a new Thern unit.
1: Safety first always.  Install a two by four between the two top sections
so that they cannot fall if something slips. Also a chain around two members
for the backup.
2:  You take two cable clamps and a come along and you apply a piece of
cable and make a loop and attach it to your main cable.  At that point, you
take the come along and you transfer the tension of the cable to the come
along by pulling up on it.  Change the unit and them go up and pull the 2 x
4 out of the cross pieces that prevented the tower from going into a free
fall.  If you need any further clarification, feel free to contact me.
   73's Gene K2QWD