[TowerTalk] G-2800DXA Rotor Problem

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] G-2800DXA Rotor Problem
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 16:23:11 -0500
We just went through three days of continuous heavy winds here and my
2800DXA is behaving like it's suffered severe internal damage.  The
rotor is only turning through about 90 degrees, and when I hit either
direction button, the indicator goes rapidly in that direction and then
slows and eventually stops.  When I release the button, the indicator
rapidly retreats about 30 degrees.  Does that behavior indicate the
nature of the damage to anyone?

I bought this rotor because it is reputed to be heavy duty and used to
turn large stacked arrays.  I'm turning a 40M quad, which seems like a
relatively modest load.
Are there any other options other than Yaesu for a repair?

Thanks for your input.

73, Joe
K2XX