[TowerTalk] Antenna Ideas Needed

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Ideas Needed
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:31:38 -0400
I still need a base for a Tri-Ex LM354HD.  The Tri-Ex number is RCB70LT.  If
you have one that you can spare, please contact me.

My plan is to put up a HyGain 205CA in a 4 element configuration, modeled
with YO. I need some ides on putting another smaller beam above it the would
work on 15, 17 and maybe 10.  I'm thinking that a 10/15/20 tribander would
work well by changing the 20 meter portion of the tribander to 17M.  Has
anyone on this reflector done that and which smallish tribander was used? I
plan on spacing the top antenna at least 8 feet from my 205CA to minimize
any interaction. My thinking is  that since the lowest band is what I want
to up in frequency to 17M, all I need to do is shorten the 20M element tips.
Good idea or bad idea?

Bob Maser  W6TR