Re: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Power Supply and Control Circuit

To: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>, "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Power Supply and Control Circuit
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:13:47 -0700
Bob: I have used PP rotators for many years. I found a pot coupled to the PP
by small chain or dial cord works well. Indicator was a large meter. I used
a small variac into a xfmr/rectifier for smooth start-stop on large antennas
(full size 40m beam). I believe M2 has one version of the controller used
for the 2800 that is modified for PP use and they supply the spinning
magnet/magnetic switch pulse generator. If you go to K7NV web page you will
see how a pro handles the conversion of PP motors to rotators.
  Of course, the PP motor top and rotation indicator must be protected from
the wx. You can seal around the mast exit with a modified funnel upside down
and a bit of soldering. I have also used a rubber feeding dish upside down
as available at farm stores for the same purpose.
73, Dan, N5AR