[TowerTalk] Wilson TT-45 tower "swing" problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wilson TT-45 tower "swing" problem
From: "Gary Gross" <ke6qr@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 20:51:29 -0700
Hi
 This is Gary KE6QR in Vallejo, Ca. I have used a Wilson TT-45 tower tower for
28 years now. last year I lost my System 36 tribander and replaced it with a 3
element SteppIR with 6 meter passive element and 30-40 meter trombone. While I
had the tower retracted I noticed that the flat bar that serves as a keyway
which interlocks the inner and outer tower sections had several pop rivets
"missing". I replaced the missing rivets as best as I could (except whatever
rivets may be retracted where the two sections come together.
 The problem is that whenever the wind is blowing, the upper 20 foot section
torque's back and forth about 30 degrees, which never happened before. My
question, is this a dangerous situation, and how does one get inside the top of
the bottom section to find a repair solution? Incidentally, while the tower was
retracted a friend climbed to the top on a ladder and was able to make it
torque exactly the same as when it was extended. Also, where can I find a
replacement for my winch cable? Thanks. Gary. ke6qr@comcast.net