Re: [TowerTalk] Using a dip meter

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using a dip meter
From: "Jeff Carter" <towertalk@hidden-valley.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 21:50:01 -0400
Jim,

My network analyzer will let you choose Z0 (characteristic or system
impedance), but I never move it off 50 ohms because I'm almost always
working with 50 ohm systems.  In the event I have to work with another
impedance, since most of the time all I'm looking for is a "notch" or
"dip" the calculations aren't important.

What I'm hearing so far is don't bother with a GDO, it isn't going to
add any value to my toolbox over what I've already got, is that about
right?

Thanks,
Jeff/KD4RBG