Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator capacity clarification

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator capacity clarification
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 06:56:20 -0400
You're both right.  Yaesu wants you to multiply the weight of antennas and
mast by the turning radius of the array and add that to the total
K-factor.  All that amounts to is a pseudo-scientific way of getting you to
be really conservative in which rotator you choose.  Including the weight
of the array in a calculation involving the turning radius of the
array  has no basis in physics.  The *real* specs are further back in the
manual.

73, Pete