Re: [TowerTalk] Any BN-86 Balun Replacement Suggestions? - - - - continu

To: "Towertalk e-Goups" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Any BN-86 Balun Replacement Suggestions? - - - - continued..
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:39:38 -0700
On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:18:06 -0400, Eric - VE3GSI wrote:

>Did not notice the type-o in the SWR ratio that should have been 2.1:1.

I don't know enough about these antennas to have any input re: baluns
for them, or even suggestions re: cause of the SWR problem, except that
there's always the possibility that some corrosion has degraded contact
at one or more elements and changed the tuning.

There are photos and measured data for four DXE baluns on my website.
They're part of the Power Point presentation on coax chokes.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/publish

73,

Jim Brown K9YC