To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 64, Issue 21
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:46:49 -0400
I have. They are not cheap but built very strong and well designed.
I am an engineer and was impressed by the amount of design information they
have at their site.
I wanted to make my tower taller and realized that I could not do it with
standard sections and size of
base I had reducing its wind load capacity. So I put their design formulas
into a spread sheet and designed
the new lower sections that I needed. Contacted Drake at Heights and he
confirmed my figures and they
made new lower sections for me.  My tower is 64 feet tall with a 12 ft of
mast and large multiband  yagi beam and other
stuff to be added later.  It is in 9 cubic yards of concrete. And the steel
legs that set into the concrete are
very impressive.
    After Hurricane Andrew a lot of states updated their design criteria
and so did Heights.
They will provide unstamped engineering drawings or PE stamped ones by a PE
licensed by your state
at a cost if you should need them. These are thing that increase one's
confidence in Heights' product.
I told my wife that our house will blow away before the tower. Just in case
any of the neighbors should ask.
These are not consumer grade products, that is why they are so costly but
worth it.

73
Bill wa4lav