Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Source for wire?

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting. com" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Source for wire?
From: "Don Moman VE6JY" <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:54:05 +0000

#17 aluminum?? I'm certain it would be galvanized high tensile steel.  In
any case neither would be my choice for long lasting radials, depending on
your soil characteristics.   I'd visit the scrap yard first at the local
telco and look for multipair telephone cable....  I have several 100' plus
lengths of 50 and 100 pair #19 copper  that I scrounged for radial work.

73 Don
VE6JY