Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum TB2 clone...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum TB2 clone...
From: Mike Miller <wa0zog@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:17:53 -0500
I've got one of those bearings at the top of my tower.  I'm not sure about
longevity, though.  I've only had it up there since last fall, when the mast
went in and the antenna finally went up.  It did weather our rather harsh ice
storm well, and everything is really smooth.  I've had absolutely no problems
with this bearing in the short time I've had it up there.  You'll have to drill
your own holes in your mounting plate, though.

Before I purchased it, I called Gaylen and spoke to him about how it was
constructed.  I can't remember what he told me, though, so you might want to do
the same.  It did sound like it was constructed considerably better than it's
counterpart Rohn unit.  It is machined aluminum, I know that much, and I think
it's got hardened steel bearings inside, but I don't know for sure.  Certainly
worth the look-see.

--Mike, WA0ZOG