Re: [TowerTalk] LB Cebik SK; What a loss....

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LB Cebik SK; What a loss....
From: Kipton Moravec <kip@kdream.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:15:54 -0500
ANTENNAX sells a CD of the website. The snap shot is from December each
year.

So It will not be "gone and lost forever".

Unlike some other places.

I was annoyed when Needhams suddenly closed shop. All of a sudden the
website was closed. No announcement or nothing. I would have liked to
have made sure I had the latest versions of their programmer software. I
had just bought one of their chip programmers 6 months ago. I had their
previous one the EMP-20 for many many years.

I thought they were stable. What I found out later, was that the
original owners sold, and the new owners did not know the business which
is very competitive.

Kip

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 09:28 -0500, Leif Ericksen wrote:
> A whois on cebik.com shows the following:
> Registrant:
> Sage American Markets
>    P.O. Box 72022
>    Corpus Christi, TX 78472
>    US
>
>    Domain Name: CEBIK.COM

>    Promote your business to millions of viewers for only $1 a month
>    Learn how you can get an Enhanced Business Listing here for your
> domain name.
>    Learn more at http://www.NetworkSolutions.com/

>    Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
>       Stone, Jack L             jack@ANTENNEX.COM
>       Sage American Markets
>       PO BOX 72022
>       CRP CHRISTI, TX 78472-2022
>       US
>       361-855-0250 fax: 361-692-3528
>

>    Record expires on 05-Mar-2009.
>    Record created on 05-Mar-1999.
>    Database last updated on 23-Apr-2008 09:49:11 EDT.
>
>    Domain servers in listed order:
>
>    NS2.ZONEEDIT.COM
>    NS4.ZONEEDIT.COM
>
> [root@shadrack ~]#
>

> IT is owned by ANTENNEX.   I am going to bet as long as there is an
> interest antennex is going to preserve the site.  Also we can always
> find whatever of site has been cached my google.
>

> --
> 73 DE N9SRW/AE
>
> Leif Ericksen
>
> On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 14:12 +0000, J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT wrote:
> > Hi Folks!
> > I got this from K4TMC who wanted his sentiments shared with the group.
> > 73,
> > Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
> > 201.314.6964
> >

> > Subj:   Preserving L.B. Cebik's, W4RNL (SK), Web Site
> > Date:   4/22/2008
> > To: towertalk@contesting.com
> >
> > I do not know what it would take to preserve LB's current web site as-is on
> > the web, but I am willing to contribute funds toward same.  Can someone
> > knowledgable in this arena please step forward.
> >
> > I am sure someone will offer CD's of all the material; however, it has been
> > invaluable to me over all the years to quickly go to LB's reliable site and
> > find the article I needed to review.  Over the years I checked his site
> > daily to
> > see what new article had been posted.  I deemed those reads as more valuable
> >
> > than almost all other published antenna articles in the ham magazines.  He
> > made
> > understanding antennas much easier than the League's Antenna Handbook.
> >
> > I will teasure those times I spent over dinner at the local Outback with LB
> > and Jean when I was in Knoxville on business.
> >
> > 73,
> > Henry Pollock - K4TMC
> > Raleigh, NC
> > www.TMastCo.com<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Need a new ride? Check out the
> > largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.<BR>
> > (http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)</HTML>

Kipton Moravec KE5NGX
"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
--Mark Twain