[TowerTalk] ATR-20 vs AT1KP

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ATR-20 vs AT1KP
From: "W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 19:06:49 -0500
I have decided get a Transmatch (Antenna Tuner) and have narrowed the choice
between the Ameritron ATR-20 and the Palstar AT1KP.  I don't need a Legal Limit
tuner because I do not have a Legal Limit amp.  The prices of those two are
close and the eHam reviews are close with the Palstar getting the slight edge.
I originally was going to go with the Palstar because it is a Differential
Tuner and I like the ease of a differential tuner, but am wondering if I would
get a little more range from the ATR-20 being a true T Network tuner.  They
both have Peak & Average Meters so in that department they are equal.

Comments on either good or bad?

Clint - W5CPT