Re: [TowerTalk] Raising Mast

To: donovanf@starpower.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Raising Mast
From: BOB AD5VJ <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:24:29 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Frank

That is what I have decided today to do is use my
Rohn25 tower instead of the mast. I will use the mast
for a TitanDX Vertical I have with the counter poise.

I think this will be a better choice after yours and
others responses.

Thanks for the feedback

Bob AD5VJ
--- donovanf@starpower.net wrote:

> Bob,
>
> The cast aluminum Ham 4 lower mast mount  W I L L
> F A I L  if you install a 10 foot steel mast and
> beam above it.
>
> You can mount a long mast with a top-mounted beam on
> a Ham 4, but only
> if the Ham 4 is mounted inside a tower, and the mast
> is supported above
> the rotator.
>
> 73
> Frank
> W3LPL
>

> >AD5VJ Bob wrote:
>
> >> I worked on getting my beam higher this weekend
> and came upon a clitch after a whole days work
> getting everything prepared to go up.
> >>

> >> I have a 22' (very strong) fiberglass push up
> mast to which I mounted my Ham 4 Rotor, and then
> mounted a 10 foot section of
> >> galvanized steel pipe to the top of the rotor
> hoping to get 30 feet or so in height out of the
> whole thing.

73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: BUR, LotW, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ