Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Most Connectors sold to Hams are JUNK

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Most Connectors sold to Hams are JUNK
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 17:59:15 -0400
I am amazed at how many hams want cheap stuff and balk at
paying real money for good stuff.  I went to the Dayton
Hamvention and saw this first hand.  Some Hams will spend
$1500 or more on a rig, but whine over a $200 antenna, and
decry the cost of a $5 connector.  Sheesh!

Taking time to shop around and research different vendors
and what constitutes high quality parts is, to me, just part
of the hobby and is not that difficult or time consuming.
Caveat Emptor is the rule everywhere, especially in ham circles.
But if your $1 connector sucks it is because you got what you
paid for.

Just MY take.

Happy trails and hoping all your connectors work as promised!