[TowerTalk] Update Plug for back of Yaesu Rotor Contol box

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Update Plug for back of Yaesu Rotor Contol box
From: "Artmouton" <k5fnq@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 20:01:08 -0500
Finally found someone with the knowledge.  Helpful guy at Yaesu Vertex -
took the time and effort to email and call me direct at home to discuss the
plug problem.  Seems like I have a very early model of the Yaesu Rotor
Control box with an early version of a Jones Plug - Yaesu quit using it when
Jones changed their design.
So - they ain't available any more

But his suggestion is to change the plug on the back (female) and get a
correct Jones plug

Other suggestion from a list member is just to hardwire a short length of
rotor control cable to the plug contacts inside the box and then solder that
to a new female, in line plug.
That might be the easier and better method.

Thanks all who answered and thank to Ron at Yeasu Vertex for the assistance.
Art K5FNQ