Re: [TowerTalk] CATV hardline question and cage dipoles

To: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CATV hardline question and cage dipoles
From: jd_hudson@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 11:39:27 +0000
Hello Gene and thanks for reply. Yes I used the fan dipole on my novice station
and worked pretty well and this configuration is a little different since the
center feed points will be 5-6 feet apart on a yard arm type hanging assembly
and will run parallel . One suggestion that got me thinking (this is where the
problems begin! me thinking) is to run a single feed to a balun and then a T
connector  and seperate feeds to each dipole. Or just the T connector with each
dipole have their on balun and feed line.

Having the feed points 5-6 feet apart has me stumped on how would be the best
way to feed the dipoles

Thanks for the reply

73

John