Re: [TowerTalk] Crimps vs Clamps on Wire Rope

To: <k1ttt@arrl.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimps vs Clamps on Wire Rope
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:30:00 -0400
Not only are they smaller, they are STRONGER!!!!!!!!, anyone that uses the
nut tightened cable clamps deserves whatever happens.  There is no
comparison between the strength and reliability of the Nicopress vs. the U
bolt and nut.  In recabling a tower, the last thing on your mind should be
taking off the clamps.  If it's time to take off the clamps, it's time to
replace the entire cable assembly.

Bob