Re: [TowerTalk] guy wire question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guy wire question
From: Billy Cox <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:50:30 -0400 (EDT)
The modeling I have done, for the most part shows
the towers does not impact the pattern, there are
exceptions ... especially as to vertical arrays,
or yagi elements too close to the tower itself.

What I have also noted though that many seem to
overlook is too many antennas, too close together.

What good does it do for the overall RF system
performance if you isolate the guying, either with
insulators, or insulated guys, and then hang multiple
inverted vee type antennas with wire elements crossing
into the lower yagi in a stack's field?

Sometimes less is better, than more <... that is as
to interactions between antennas.>

Just another thought to ponder ...

73 de Billy, AA4NU