Re: [TowerTalk] Tower regulatory climate in Fort Collins - Loveland, CO

To: John Becker <johnb3030@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower regulatory climate in Fort Collins - Loveland, CO area
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 00:42:43 -0400
Get a lawyer to help you.   Realtors, bless their souls, are often not
truly qualified to comment on such zoning and regulatory matters.
It might take you some time to fine one really qualified.  Get him to
give you a retainer letter wherein he explains his expertise and that
he is knowledgeable on the subject, and limiting his research time to
a flat fee (if he will agree to it) otherwise you may end up giving him
a blank check.   Get an opinion in writing as to the viability of a tower
at your prospective location.  Have him pass opinion on the title, and
check the muniments of title in the public record for deed and other
forms of common restrictions, especially in platted developments
and Planned Unit Developments (PUDs).    Spend some money and
do it right.   You could spend a quarter of a Million dollars for a home
and not be able to do what you want with it.    Or worse!  That is just
an average price in many places these days.

Ask the local zoning officials and check local zoning regulations and
township/municipal codes before deciding.   Some title insurance
examiners can help herein.

Not to diss Realtors, but they are often not well informed about such
exotic and esoteric legal matters and, regardless of what they say
about being "experts", at least in my bailiwick, they are not lawyers
and should not give legal opinions and are not adequately trained in
the law.    They do provide a useful marketing service for which they
can be invaluable.

Consider my favorite Italian restaurant cannot get a liquor license
from the township.  The Realtor who arranged the lease claimed he
knew it all, and said they could get a liquor license within 6 months of
opening.  NOT.   Bad advice and woefully harmful to their business plan.
... Imagine... a big plate of lasagna without a glass of chianti!
Arghh.... How gauche !

That would almost as sad as an amateur station without a tower!

Just MY take.   ========   K8JHR  ========