[TowerTalk] tower restrictions again

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower restrictions again
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:51:58 -0500
I forgot to mention my nearest neighbor is about 500 feet away.My insurance
company required me to take pictures of the bases of my new towers to insure
they were set deep enough ( like I wouldn't...since I'm the one who climbs
them most of the time  ).I did have a claim about 5 years ago when lightning
fried my preamp and rotor.

    Since that happened I have changed the deductable to $5000.With that
high of a deductable my premiums only went up $60 a year.I figure if
something BAD happened at least I have some coverage  but I don't worry them
with little things.
    We've had the same insurance group for years and they cover my stuuf,my
parents stuff and our farm.Not ALL insurance companies are legalized
crooks,just most.
    I just wish people would worry about themselves and not worry so much
about everyone else.I can understand why a town could write"must fall on
your land" but then the tree huggers would be crying if you started mowing
down trees that could fall on others land.Plus what about the public service
companies with the power poles right on the property lines or even worse
when the really high tension lines that cross thru fields( like mine ).Thats
just not possible.They my or may not have an easement but they certianly
don't own the land.One could say that a tower is purposely put there,well
most trees are too,especialy in newer subdivisions.Of course the power
companies put the poles up,and most likely within the last 20 years or so as
they mantain them.
    I think a "its ugly" excuse would be interesting to take to court,me
being an ol' farm boy would say something like "well you are too so what
should we do about that".Then they'd haul my butt of to jail.

    Gregg K9KL