Re: [TowerTalk] Dumb rotator question

To: "'Mark Robinson'" <markrob@mindspring.com>, "'Michael Fox \(K5MEF\)'" <k5mef@mefox.org>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dumb rotator question
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:08:23 -0700
No don't remove the bolts, they do indeed hold the two parts together and
all the ball bearings.  You have to hold the part with the electrical
connection in your hand (that will be the fixed piece). Run your finger up
from the socket and where your finger stops if where it turns.  If I
remember there is enough slop in the rotator that if you hold the top of the
rotator with one hand and the bottom with the other you should be able twist
CCW on way and CW the other way and see some movement.

It is really hard to explain.

Mike