[TowerTalk] SteppIR after lightning strike

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR after lightning strike
From: Frank Lammel <dd7zt@yahoo.de>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 11:21:46 +0200
Hi all,

last week my neighbour was hit by a lightning strike. About 15m away
from my 3 element steppir. However the controller of the steppir seems
to work. BUT: I can't connect anymore my steppir VCP software by Larry
N8LP to the controller. I tested already with different PCs. So the COM
Port is OK. My question: Is anyone out there with an idea if it is
'just' the CAT board of the controller which is damaged or do I have to
exchange the whole controller??

tnx for any suggestions!

73
Frank, DD7ZT