Re: [TowerTalk] crimp connectors for Bury-Flex

To: "'Tower'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] crimp connectors for Bury-Flex
From: "wa5zup" <wa5zup@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 15:22:04 -0600
I have the exact same crimper.
I have crimped Bury-Flex and 9913F7.  9913F7 is real close to the same thing
as the Bury-Flex (stranded center conductor), has a different type of outer
jacket.
You did not say what type of connector you are using?
You have to be careful not to distort the center conductor at all when you
strip it, or the pin will not fit easy.  But it does fit.
For UHF connectors (RFI #RFU-507-SI), it is best to solder the center pin,
and just crimp the shield with the .429 die.
For N connectors (RFI #RFN-1006-3I), crimp both the center pin (.128) and
the shield (.429). Makes a great connection, better than soldering.
I use nothing but N connectors outside.  They are all crimped.
John wa5zup